Research material about Jomo Kenyatta, 1902-1972
- Items connected to the question of Kenyatta's birth date, copies of photographs of a young Kenyatta at Thogoto and of Nairobi in 1902, copies of letters from the Kikuyu Central Association, 1921-1926, account of why the Kikuyu recalled Kenyatta from England and certified copies of the certificate of marriage between Kenyatta and Edna Clarke in 1942 and the birth certificate of their son, Peter Magana.
- Notes on material found in the archives of the Presbyterian Church of East Africa, Nairobi, concerning Kenyatta's boyhood, his membership of the Thogoto Mission Church and his relations with the Kirk. Includes some photographic copies and translations of Kenyatta's letters (signed 'K.N. Johnstone'), 1921-1923.
- Photographic copies of pages from Muigwithania, monthly journal of the Kikuyu Central Association which Kenyatta edited from 1928, 1920s-1940s, with some handwritten translations.
- Correspondence, 1971-1972, with the daughter of Charles Roden Buxton concerning her father's contacts with Kenyatta and his membership of the 1931 Joint Select Committee on Closer Union in East Africa to which Kenyatta gave evidence. With copies of relevant 1930s documents.
- Memorandum by Evelyn Baring on his time as Governor of Kenya in the 1950s.
- Notes by Murray-Brown on relatives and acquaintances of Kenyatta, c. 1970-1972.