Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
John Grant: 'Ceòl cogadail Batal Bhreatunn 1939-1945 = The martial music of the Battle of Britain 1939-1945'
7 pieces of bagpipe music by John Grant to commemorate the Battle of Britain. Introduction in Scottish Gaelic and English, with watercolour illustrations, 8 May 1945.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 383
Extents: 40 pages
Dates: 8 May 1945
Autograph ink score of Magnificat and Nunc dimittis by [Robert Seymour ?] Bridges, with separate voice parts in various hands, undated, [c 1900?].
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. b. 387
Extents: 1 box
Dates: [c 1900?]
- Indexed subjects
- Bagpipe music 1
- Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied 1
- Evening service music 1
- Military music 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Songs and music 1
- Indexed names
- Bridges | Robert Seymour | 1844-1930 | Poet Laureate 1
- Grant | John | 1876–1961 | pipe major 1
- Gaelic; Scottish Gaelic 1
- Latin 1