Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Drawings and engravings of details of ecclesiastical architecture, collected by Thomas Rackett 'to illustrate the progress of ancient architecture'early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. d. 37
Extents: 62 Leaves
Dates: early 19th century
Drawings by Emily Hopkinson of architectural details of churches, 1853-1863.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. eccles. f. 3
Extents: 79 Leaves
Drawings by John Buckler mainly of Buckinghamshire churches and fonts, 1806, 1828-1838.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Bucks. a. 1
Extents: 117 Leaves
Dates: 1806, 1828-1838
Drawings, 19th century, by Joseph Wilkins of the villages of Deddington, Lower Heyford and Steeple Aston; also of churches in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire (mostly in the Bicester area; again Lower Heyford is well represented); and other miscellaneous engravings (mid 18th-mid 19th century), with one of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire; and photographs of Bicester taken in 1902.
Extents: 3 shelfmarks
Dates: mid 18th-19th cent.
Notes on Berkshire churches and drawings of brasses by Henry Hinton and James Hunt, c.1788-1813.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Berks. b. 42
Extents: 81 Leaves
Pen-and-ink drawings of Buckinghamshire churches, 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. Bucks. b. 3
Extents: 42 Leaves
Dates: 19th century
Pen and Sepia Ink Drawings of Buildings in Oxfordshire by Alfred Cobb.
Extents: 0.27 linear metres (3 boxes)
Dates: mid 19th century
Volume of drawings and engravings of churches, monuments and brasses in Berkshire and Oxford city, early 19th century.
Shelfmark: MS. Top. gen. b. 64
Extents: 505 Leaves
Dates: early 19th century
- Indexed subjects
- Church buildings 7
- Architectural drawing 4
- Antiquarians 3
- Architectural drawing -- England 3
- 18th century 2
- Berkshire (England) 2
- Buckinghamshire (England) 2
- Engraving 2
- Oxfordshire (England) 2
- Architectural drawing -- British Isles 1
- Aylesbury (England) 1
- Bicester (England) 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire 1
- Church buildings -- England -- Northamptonshire 1
- Church furniture 1
- Church of England -- Clergy 1
- Deddington (England) 1
- Lower Heyford (England) 1
- Northamptonshire (England) 1
- Oxford (England) 1
- Indexed names
- Buckler | John Chessell | 1793-1894 | Architect and Antiquary 2
- Buckler | John | 1770-1851 | topographical artist, architect, and antiquary 1
- Cobb | Alfred F. | fl 1878-9 1
- Dew | George James | 1846-1928 1
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 1
- Hinton | Henry | 1749-1816 | Oxfordshire antiquary 1
- Hopkinson | Emily | fl. 1853-1863 1
- Hunt | James | 1795-1857 | Oxfordshire Antiquary 2
- Phillipps | Sir | Thomas | 1792-1872 | Baronet | Antiquary, and Collector of MSS and Books 1
- Rackett | Thomas | 1755-1840 | Church of England clergyman and antiquary 1
- Wilkins | Joseph | 1820-1891 | topographical artist 1