Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection of 127 songs, etc., copied by Edward Lowe, mid-17th cent. 'Cantus 2dus' part only.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. d. 238
Extents: 226 pages
Dates: mid-17th cent.
Two sets of part-books bound together, listed in 1682 as 'Dr. [Christopher] Gibbons'.
Shelfmark: MS. Mus. Sch. d. 231
Extents: 1 volume
- Indexed subjects
- Part songs, English 1
- Suites (Viols (2), continuo) 1
- Vocal duets with continuo 1
- Indexed names
- Gibbons | Christopher | bap 1615-1676 | composer and organist 1
- Lawes | William | 1602-1645 | musician and composer 1
- Lowe | Edward | 1610-1682 | composer, music copyist, organist and writer on music 1
- Wilson | John | 1595-1674 | composer, lutenist and singer 1