Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Letters from Buxton's papers, ca.1807-1845; correspondents include Elizabeth Fry (27 letters), William Wilberforce (ca. 21 letters) and Thomas Clarkson (3 letters and a fragment), with about 80 other letters of the Buxton family and their circle.
Extents: 2 boxes
Dates: [c. 1807]-1845
22 ff., 1 volume Letters and papers of or relating to Buxton, including one letter from Thomas Clarkson and two (one a contemporary copy) from William Wilberforce, 1805-1903; also including an account of Mrs. Fry's visit to Glasgow Prison in 1818, written in 1834 by Anna Gurney.
Shelfmark: MSS. Brit. Emp. s. 559
Extents: 1 volume
- Indexed names: Clarkson | Thomas | 1760-1846 | Philanthropist X
- Indexed subjects
- 20th century 1
- Apprentices -- West Indies, British 1
- Letters -- 19th century 1
- Slavery -- Great Britain -- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Indexed names
- Fry | Elizabeth | 1780-1845 | Prison Reformer and Quaker Minister 1
- Fry | Elizabeth | 1780-1845 | née Gurney | prison reformer Quaker minister 1