Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Music collected during the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries by the Blount family at Mapledurham. Most of the music consists of English, Italian and French songs and operatic arias, late seventeenth to early eighteenth century. Parts for one or two voices, bass line, and (rarely) other accompaniments are given in score. Some teaching notes are included.
Extents: 17 shelfmarks
Dates: 18th-19th cent.
Music manuscripts collected by Rev. Osborne Wight.
Extents: 20.46 Linear metres (186 boxes)
Dates: 16th-18th cent.
- Indexed subjects
- 16th century 1
- 17th century 1
- 19th century 1
- Music, French 1
- Songs, English 1
- Songs, French 1
- Songs, Italian 1
- Indexed names
- Awbery | John | fl 1700-1799 | Fellow of New College, Oxford 1
- Blount | family | Mapledurham 1
- Hayes | Philip | 1738-1797 | Professor of Music at Oxford 1
- Hayes | William | 1706-1777 | Professor of Music at Oxford 1
- University of Oxford 1
- Wight | Osborne | d 1800 | Fellow of New College, Oxford 1
- French 1
- Latin 1