An edition of the ballad 'Scottish Field' by Marianne Hugon from the Percy and Lyme Hall manuscripts
- Fair copy intended for the press;
- Drafts, transcripts and notes for the edition, with photographs and letters.
0.30 linear metres (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Dep. c. 129, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Dep. c. 129-130
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8323
An edition of the ballad 'Scottish Field' by Marianne Hugon, a tutor at St Anne's Society, Oxford.
Biographical / Historical
Miss Marianne Cécile Gabrielle Hugon (1881-1952), matriculated at Somerville College, Oxford in 1899. She was a Modern Languages tutor at St Anne's Society (later St. Anne's College), Oxford, 1922-1947.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposited in the English Library by Miss M.V. Taylor, 1952 and transferred to the Bodleian in 1954.
- 20th century
- Academic writing
- Hales | John Wesley | 1836-1914 | Emeritus Professor of English Literature, King's College, London
- Hugon | Marianne Cecile Gabrielle | 1881-1952 | scholar
- Legh | Thomas Wodehouse | 1857-1942 | 2nd Baron Newton | politician
- Powell | Frederick York | 1850-1904 | historian
- An edition of the ballad 'Scottish Field' by Marianne Hugon
- Collection Level Description by Susan Thomas; EAD version 2021 by Catherine McIlwaine
- 2021-03-11 11:45:37 +0000
- Language of description
- Script of description