Music Manuscripts of Ernest Farrar
Ernest Bristow Farrar: Music manuscripts, mostly autograph, with related material.
- 1908-1922, n.d.
1.05 linear metres (7 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. c. 430, pp. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Mus. c. 430-435, f. 60
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13890
Music manuscripts of Ernest Farrar, mostly autograph, 1908-1922, n.d.
Biographical / Historical
Ernest Farrar (1885-1918) was a composer and organist. See Grove Music Online for further details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Peter and Maria Mason through Adrian Officer, 1984.
- Adrian Officer, 'Ernest Bristow Farrar', British Music Society Journal, vol. 7 (1985), pp. 1-10.
- Martin Holmes, 'Ernest Bristow Farrar (1885-1918): a short centenary tribute', Brio, vol. 55, no. 2 (Autumn-Winter, 2018), pp. 61-65.
- Martin Holmes, 'Ernest Farrar (1885-1918): composer and organist', BIOS Journal vol. 42 (2018), pp. 25-52.
- 20th century
- Composers -- England -- Caricatures and cartoons
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts
- Farrar | Ernest Bristow | 1885–1918 | composer and organist
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century
- Orchestral music
- Organ music
- Part songs, English
- Piano music
- Songs with piano
- String quartets
- Music manuscripts of Ernest Farrar
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description