Miscelleaneous maps and plans
Five separate folded plans:
- Fol. 2. 'A Map of the Farme of Upledden belonging to Thomas Browne Esqr. taken in Anno Domini 1695 by Stephen Jeffery Surveyor', 354 acres
- Fol. 3. A map 'by John Thornton' of an estate of 146 acres intersected by a river from N. to S., on the W. side of which is an Abbey: two of the fields are called Bushey Park (8 acres) and Paternoster Row, late 17th cent.
- Fol. 4. 'The Plans of the second third and fourth Floors of the Fleet Prison [London]. And of the second and third Floors of the Dwelling Houses next the Ditch', 18th cent.
- Fol. 5. A plan or bird's-eye view of the district between Yarmouth and Lowestoft and inland as far as the longitude of Norwich, as supposed to have been in A.D. 1000, 17th cent.
- Fol. 6. A large plan of an estate with house, ornamental gardens, and extensive grounds, but with no names, late 18th cent., on paper
Additions: Miscellaneous maps including:
- Fol. 7. plan and photograph of Newark Priory, 20th cent.
- Fol. 8. map of Jersey, 18th cent., scale 1:40,000
- Fol. 9. plan of part of London, 20th cent.
- Creation: 17th-20th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Maps Eng. a. 2, fols. 1-2]
MS. Maps Eng. a. 2
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 20429
Miscelleaneous maps and plans.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 30629
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired by The Bodleian Library in 1890.
Additions: Acquired, 1920-1.
On parchment and (one plan) paper
28 × 20 5/8 in.
- Five separate folded plans
- EAD version 2020 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description