Collection of glees in volumes of printed music
Two identical sets of 6 manuscript glees added to printed glees in bound volumes containing the bookplate of the 'Music Room, Oxford'. In four different hands. The numbering continues that of the printed contents.
- c 1800
0.30 linear metres (2 physical shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. Mus. 301 c. 244, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Mus. 301 c. 244-245
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 16049
Collection of glees, which are manuscript additions to volumes of printed music, c 1800.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details of the majority of the composers represented here can be found in Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Faculty of Music Library, 1995.
Folio (315 × 245 mm)
- 19th century
- Choruses, Secular (Men's voices, 3 parts) with continuo
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 3 parts), Unaccompanied
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices, 4 parts), Unaccompanied
- Cooke | Benjamin | 1734–1793 | organist and composer
- Glees, catches, rounds, etc.
- Holcombe | Henry | fl 1707–1748 | composer
- Long | Samuel | c 1725?-1764 | organist and composer
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century
- Paxton | Stephen | bap 1734-1787 | musician and composer
- Webbe | Samuel | 1740-1816 | church musician and composer
- Collection of glees in volumes of printed music
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description