Papers of W.F.P. Kelly
Diary of travels in charge of a mobile cinema, Kenya, 1944; three volumes of memoirs of service, Kenya, 1936-1963; four volumes of travel diaries, Kenya, 1981-1982, 1989, 1992, 1996; one travel diary, South Africa, 1990; report by Miss S. Brodribb Pughe on the wells of the Northern District, Kenya, 1962.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Afr. s. 2229].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Afr. s. 2229
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 2706
Biographical / Historical
W.F.P. Kelly (b 1912) graduated from Christ Church College, Oxford. He became a district officer, Kenya, 1936 and served as executive officer, African Land Development Board, 1952-1955. He was made a senior district commissioner, 1955. His service in Kenyan colonial administration continued until 1963.
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were donated to the library by Mr. and Mrs. W.F.P. Kelly on 27th June 1997.
- 20th century
- Agriculture -- Kenya
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Kenya -- Administration
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Officials and employees -- Biography
- Kelly | W.F.P. | b 1912 | colonial administrator
- Kenya -- Description and travel
- Motion picture theaters -- Kenya
- Motion pictures -- Kenya
- South Africa -- Description and travel
- Water supply -- Kenya
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Kenya
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Motion pictures and the war
- Papers of W.F.P. Kelly
- Paul Davidson
- Language of description