Records of the Oxfordshire Archaeological Society
Records of the Oxfordshire Archaeological Society, 1909-1972:
- Minute-books, 1909-1965, 1965-1971;
- Miscellaneous printed and manuscript papers, 1904-1972.
- Creation: 1909-1972
0.15 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 659, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 659-661
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18162
Records of the Oxfordshire Archaeological Society, 1909-1972.
Biographical / Historical
The Oxfordshire Archaeological Society was founded in 1869. It was amalgamated with the Oxford Architectural and Historical Society in 1971-1972.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 55140-55142.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by the Society, 1973.
- Oxfordshire Archaeological Society (Organisation)
- Oxfordshire Architectural and Historical Society (formerly Oxford Architectural Society) (Organisation)
- Records of the Oxfordshire Archaeological Society
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description