Manuscripts and News-letters Collected by George Smith
Manuscripts and news-letters collected by George Smith. Including:
- (c. 7) a copy of a memorial by Alexander Cruden concerning Elizabeth Canning, 1754, with a series of engravings showing Elizabth Canning's adventures, 1754
- (c. 10) 'The subscription of the inhabitants of the ward of Cheape, London, for a free and vollentary present to his Maiesty', 31 July 1661
- (d. 16) the Magazine of Battersea Grammar School, London, 1 June-20 July 1885.
- Creation: 17th-19th century
0.33 Linear metres (3 volumes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. Smith newsb. c. 7, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
Smith newsb. c. 7, c. 10, d. 16
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13327
Manuscripts and News-letters Collected by George Smith, 17th-19th century.
Biographical / Historical
George Smith (fl. 1954).
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 53025-53027.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library by George Smith, with printed newsbooks, in 1954.
- Manuscripts and News-letters Collected by George Smith
- Collection Level Description by Susan Thomas; EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description