Conservative Party Archive: Printed and Published Material: Conservative Party Training Colleges
- The Ashridge Journal of the Bonar Law Memorial College, Ashridge, Hertfordshire, 1930-48.
- No. 1 of the Ashridge Quarterly
- The Swinton College Journal of Swinton College, Masham, Yorkshire, 1951-75.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries, Conservative Party Archive [followed by shelfmark, e.g. PUB 187/1].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
Collection ID (for staff)
CPA PUB I
Journals published by the various Conservative Party Training Colleges.
The archive of the Conservative Party was established as a source for academic study at the Bodleian Library in 1978 by an agreement made between the University of Oxford and the Conservative Party, and brought together surviving historic papers of the Party previously held in various locations including Newcastle University Library and the former Conservative Central Office in Smith Square, London. Since 1996, ownership of the archive has been vested in the Conservative Party Archive Trust. The archive includes records from all three areas of Party organisation: parliamentary, voluntary and professional.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Conservative Party.
- 20th century
- Bonar Law Memorial College | Conservative Party training college
- Conservative Party
- Conservative Party | Swinton College
- Conservative Party | training colleges
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Philip Stott College | Conservative Party training college
- Political planning
- Conservative Party Archive: Published Material: Conservative Party Training Colleges
- In Process
- Finding aid prepared by Jeremy McIlwaine
- Language of description
- Script of description