Conservative Party Archive: Local Conservative Associations
This collection consists of the papers of the North Hants. Conservative Association, the North West Hants. Conservative Association, and the West Hants. Conservative Association (Andover Division).
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries, Conservative Party Archive [followed by shelfmark, e.g. NHCA 1/1].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
NHCA 1-3, 6; NWHCA 1; WHCA 1
Collection ID (for staff)
Papers of Local Conservative Associations, comprising the North Hants. Conservative Association, North West Hants. Conservative Association, and West Hants. Conservative Association.
The archive of the Conservative Party was established as a source for academic study at the Bodleian Library in 1978 by an agreement made between the University of Oxford and the Conservative Party, and brought together surviving historic papers of the Party previously held in various locations including Newcastle University Library and the former Conservative Central Office in Smith Square, London. Since 1996, ownership of the archive has been vested in the Conservative Party Archive Trust. The archive includes records from all three areas of Party organisation: parliamentary, voluntary and professional.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Conservative Party.
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Conservative Party
- Conservative Party | North Hants. Conservative Association
- Conservative Party | North West Hants. Conservative Association
- Conservative Party | West Hants. Conservative Association
- Conservative Party | voluntary wing
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 19th century
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Local government -- History
- Women -- Political activity
- Youth -- Political activity -- Great Britain
- Conservative Party Archive: North Hants. Conservative Association
- Finding aid prepared by Emily Tarrant
- Language of description
- Script of description