Archive of the Belson Family
Including the accounts, rentals and other papers of the Belson family relating to estates in Buckinghamshire and Stokenchurch, Oxfordshire, 1620-1683, with household bills; plus the receipts of Sir John Curson as executor to Maurice Belson, 1721-1727, with similar receipts of his son, Sir Francis Curson, 1727-1729.
- 17th-18th century
0.22 Linear metres (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Bucks. b. 7, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Bucks. b. 7, c. 14
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7270
Archive of the Belson Family of Aston Rowant and Kingston Blount, Oxfordshire.
Biographical / Historical
The Belson family of Aston Rowant and Kingston Blount, Oxfordshire; Sir John Curson (d. 1727) 2nd Bart. of Waterperry, Oxfordshire; and Sir Francis Curson (d. 1750), 3rd Bart. of Waterperry.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 53783-53784.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library with [Maps] C17:15(1), in 1948.
- 17th century
- 18th century
- Belson | Maurice | fl 18th century | of Stokenchurch, Oxon.
- Belson | family | Aston Rowant and Kingston Blount, Oxon
- Buckinghamshire (England)
- Curson | Sir | Francis | d. 1750 | 3rd Bart. of Waterperry, Oxon. |
- Curson | Sir | John | d. 1727 | 2nd Bart. of Waterperry, Oxon.
- Oxfordshire (England)
- Stokenchurch (England)
- Catalogue of the archive of the Belson Family
- Collection Level Description by Susan Thomas; EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description