Archive of Herbert Hurst
Papers of Herbert Hurst, late 19th century, consisting of:
- Scrap-book of 'jottings for essays' on Tudor and Stuart history
- 'A handy book for readers of documents and a summary of diplomatics'
- Collection of alphabets, 1869
- Creation: Late 19th century
0.33 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. hist. c. 193, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. hist. c. 193, Eng. misc. c. 109-110
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13035
Archive of Herbert Hurst, late 19th century.
Biographical / Historical
Herbert Hurst (1834-? 1914) was an Oxford antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39816-18.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library by Miss Hurst in 1923.
- Catalogue of the archive of Herbert Hurst
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description