Archive of W.H. Hutton as archdeacon of Northampton
Papers of W.H. Hutton as Archdeacon of Northampton, consisting of:
- a record book of Hutton containing notes made on visits to churches in Northampton archdeaconry, 1911-1919 (arranged alphabetically by parish)
- a report by N.T. Hughes on the condition of churches in Northampton rural deanery, 1912
- a collection by Hutton of newspaper cuttings and letters to illustrate the duties of an archdeacon, 1912-17
- letters to him from incumbents and churchwardens, 1912-1919.
- Creation: 1911-1919
0.21 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Northants. c. 50, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Northants. c. 50, d. 12-13
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13747
Archive of W.H. Hutton as archdeacon of Northampton, 1911-1919.
Biographical / Historical
William Holden Hutton (1860-1930) was Archdeacon of Northampton.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 54531-54533.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given to the Library by W.H. Hutton, 1920-1926.
- Catalogue of the archive of W.H. Hutton as Archdeacon of Northampton
- Collection Level Description by Susan Thomas; EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description