Works of T.S. Eliot
Works of T.S. Eliot, consisting of:
- Manuscript and typescript drafts of 'Marina'
- Typescript translation of St. J. Perse's (pseudonym for Marie-René Alexis Saint-Leger Leger) poem 'Anabase'
- Printed copy of Anabase (Paris, 1924)
- Manuscript and typescript drafts of 'The Rock', with related correspondence
0.21 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Don. c. 23/1, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. c. 23/1-3, d. 43-44
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12459
Works of T.S. Eliot, 1924-1934
Biographical / Historical
Thomas Stearns Eliot (1888-1965) was a poet. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 38795-9.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was given to the Library by the author, through the Friends of the Bodleian, 1930-1935.
- Works of T.S. Eliot
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description