Works of Lascelles Abercrombie
Works of Lascelles Abercrombie, consisting of:
- 'The sale of St. Thomas', as published, Dymock, 1911
- 'The staircase' with many corrections, as printed in New Numbers, i, no. 4 (Dec. 1914)
- 'The Olympians' as printed in New Numbers, i, no. 1 (Feb. 1914)
- Unfinished draft of a play
- 'Deborah', draft, much corrected, differing from the published version of 1913
0.31 Linear metres (5 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Don. c. 51, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Don. c. 51, d. 18, d. 47-48, d. 59
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13178
Works of Lascelles Abercrombie, 1911-1914
Biographical / Historical
Lascelles Abercrombie (1881-1938) was a poet and critic. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 38834-8.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was given to the Library through the Friends of the Bodleian, 1930-1939.
- Works of Lascelles Abercrombie, 1911-1914
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description