Correspondence of Charles George Perceval
Correspondence of Charles George Perceval, consisting of:
- Letters to Lord Arden about the magistracy, 1829-1839
- Letters to Lord Arden about the Surrey yeomanry, 1830-1839
- Miscellaneous letters to Lord Arden, 1812-1839
0.66 Linear metres (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Surrey c. 1, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Surrey c. 1-5, Eng. lett. d. 167
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13316
Correspondence of Charles George Perceval, 1812-1839.
Biographical / Historical
Charles George Perceval (1756-1840), 2nd Baron Arden of Lohort Castle and 1st Baron Arden of Arden.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 55216-55221.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The correspondence was given to the Library in 1954.
- Correspondence of Charles George Perceval
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description