Archive of Angelina Parker
Papers of Angelina Parker on Oxfordshire dialect, consisting of:
- Oxfordshire dialect dictionary, compiled by Angelina Parker 'from the English Dialect Dictionary [by J. Wright], with many additional words ... collected by me'
- Collections of games, nursery rhymes and pronunciations, with extracts from talks by Mrs Parker, cuttings and notes
- Letters to Mrs Parker, with a few to her daughter, 1878-1926
- 19th-20th century
0.20 Linear metres (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. lang. d. 69, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lang. d. 69-76
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10891
Archive of Angelina Parker, 19th-20th century, on Oxfordshire dialect
Biographical / Historical
Angelina Parker (fl 1878-1926).
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40461-8.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library by Angelina Parker's daughter in 1928.
- Catalogue of the archive of Angelina Parker
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description