Transcripts of the Papers of John Scattergood
Transcripts of the papers, 1704-1725, of John Scattergood, from The National Archives, Masters' Exhibits in Chancery, Scattergood v. Raworth, Bundles 134/1-2, made for B.P. Scattergood, 1916-1917.
- Creation: 1704-1725
0.40 Linear metres (8 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. hist. d. 156, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. hist. d. 156-163
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13290
Transcripts of the Papers of John Scattergood, 1704-1725.
Biographical / Historical
John Scattergood (1681-1723) was an East India merchant.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40113-20.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The transcripts were given to the Library in 1937.
Existence and Location of Copies
The originals are held by The National Archives, see Scope and Content.
- A number of the documents are printed in The Scattergoods and the East India Company, ed. Sir R.C. Temple, Lavinia M. Anstey, and B.P. Scattergood (Bombay and Harpenden, 1935).
- Scattergood | John | 1681-1723 | East India Merchant (Person)
- East India Co (Organisation)
- Transcripts of the Papers of John Scattergood
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description