Topographical Collections by S.A. Warner
Topographical collections by S.A. Warner, consisting of:
- Drawings by Warner of sword-stands and mace-stands in England
- Pages from Warner's sketch-books containing topographical drawings, some in water-colour, 1907-1919, 1920-1929, 1906-1933
- Collections relating to Alton, Hampshire
- 20th century
0.70 Linear metres (8 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. gen. b. 62, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. gen. b. 62, d. 55-56, e. 130; Top. Hants. c. 61-64
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13858
Topographical Collections by S.A. Warner.
Biographical / Historical
Stephen Alfred Warner was an antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 54101-54108.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collections were bequeathed to the Library by S.A. Warner in 1948 and received in 1971.
- Topographical Collections by S.A. Warner
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description