Archive of Vivienne Haigh Eliot
Papers of Vivienne Haigh Eliot, consisting of:
- Personal and business correspondence, with some miscellaneous papers, 1931-1936
- Diaries, 1914, 1919, 1934, 1935
- Personal account book, December 1927-April 1932
- Household account books, January 1929-July 1930
- Notebooks containing drafts of short stories and copies of poems, 1924, n.d.
- Miscellanous papers
- Creation: 1914-1936
1.02 Linear metres (12 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. lett. b. 20, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. lett. b. 20-22, c. 382-384; Eng. misc. c. 621-624, d. 936/1-4, e. 876-878, f. 532
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7430
Archive of Vivienne Haigh Eliot, 1914-1936
Biographical / Historical
Vivienne Haigh Eliot (d. 1947) was the first wife of T.S. Eliot.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40518-32.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were bequeathed to the Library by Mrs Eliot in 1947.
- Catalogue of the archive of Vivienne Haigh Eliot, 1914-1936
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Alice Whichelow
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description