Archive of Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart, Count Roehenstart
Archive of Count Roehenstart, including:
- Letters and papers of Count Roehenstart, 1773-1853, n.d.
- Notes on travels in Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Turkey and Egypt, 1814-19, n.d.
- Accounts kept by Roehenstart during his travels in Greece and Turkey, 1819
- Journal of travels on board HMS St. Vincent, 1833
- Volume of extracts, anecdotes and verse in French and English, n.d.
- Printed almanac, Cajo Bacelli, Lunaio per l'anno 1838, annotated by Roehenstart
- Creation: 1773-1853
0.65 Linear metres (10 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. French b. 6, fols. 1-2].
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. French b. 6-9, c. 44, d. 36-7, e. 36; Eng. misc. c. 620; Ital. g. 2
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13370
Archive of Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart, Count Roehenstart (1773-1853).
Biographical / Historical
Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart, Count Roehenstart (1773-1853).
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 47156-65.
The papers were bought by Professor Sherborn at Sotheby's in 1935.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were given to the Library in 1963.
- The papers were extensively used in George Sherborn, Roehenstart, a late Stuart pretender (Edinburgh & London, 1960).
- Catalogue of the archive of Charles Edward August Maximilien Stuart, Count Roehenstart
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description