Topographical Collections of Charles Francis Wyatt
Topographical collections for Oxfordshire compiled by Charles Francis Wyatt, including:
- Correspondence of successive rectors of Broughton, 1835-1908
- Collections relating to the history of Broughton and North Newington, including photographs, drawings and engravings
- Notes and drawings relating to Oxfordshire and Oxford city churches and buildings
- Papers relating to Oxfordshire
1.16 Linear metres (14 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Oxon. a. 87, fols. 1-2.
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Oxon. a. 87, b. 256-257, b. 292-293, c. 776, d. 980-985, e. 629-630
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13500
Topographical Collections of Charles Francis Wyatt (1820-1906).
Biographical / Historical
Charles Francis Wyatt (1820-1906) was rector of Broughton, Oxfordshire, and an antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 54555-54568.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collections were given to the Library in 1966.
- 18th century
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Broughton (Oxfordshire, England)
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxford
- Church buildings -- England -- Oxfordshire
- Great Britain -- Topography
- North Newington (England)
- Oxford (England)
- Oxfordshire (England)
- Wyatt | Charles Francis | 1820-1906 | Rector of Broughton and Antiquary
- Topographical Collections of Charles Francis Wyatt
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description