Notebooks of Mrs. Frances L. Matthews
Notebooks of Mrs. Frances L. Matthews, consisting of:
- Exercise books containing transcripts by Mrs. Matthews of religious talks by T.A. Bowhay, 1911-25
- Six notebooks containing prayers and devotional writings of Mrs. Matthews, 1952, n.d.
- Notebook containing verse by Mrs. Matthews, n.d.
- 20th cent.
1.80 Linear metres (31 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Eng. th. d. 50, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Eng. th. d. 50, e. 104-39; Eng. poet. e. 108
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 9158
Notebooks of Mrs. Frances L. Matthews.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 46640-77.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The notebooks were given to the Library by Mrs. Matthews in 1960.
- Notebooks of Mrs. Frances L. Matthews
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description