Papers of the British Records Association (Australia)
Wills, letters of administration, leases, agreements, etc. relating to private and business affairs in Australia, 1842-1910.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Austr. s. 14].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Austr. s. 14
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 945
Biographical / Historical
Founded in 1932, the British Records Association exists to encourage and assist with the preservation, care, use and publication of historical records.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 645 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
The papers were initially deposited with the British Records Association as follows
- Bucknall family probates and letters of administration, 1890-1904, through Flegg & Sons, solicitors, of London
- Probates of William Heywood, 1871, through Bridges, Sawtell & Adams, solicitors, of London
- Letters of administration of John Mattinson, Philip Thomas Bowden, Alfred Diaper and Thomas Ritchie, 1842-1872, and probate of Charles Hay, 1848, through Vizards, of London
- Probate of William Holland Goldsmid, 1903, through Godden, Holme & Co., of London
- Documents concerning the Canning Jarrah Timber Company Limited, The South Australian Tramways Co. Ltd., etc., c1882-1903, through Morrish, Strode & Co., of London
- Letters of administration of John Walker Kelsall, 1884, through Julius White & Bywater, of London
- Letters of administration of George Halford Parker, 1873, through Penningtons & Lewis & Lewis, of London
- Reconveyance of property at New Norfolk, Van Diemens Land, 1842, through Waterhouse & Co., solicitors, of London
- Correspondence from Mellwraith McEacharn & Co. concerning investments in the Darling Downs and Western Land Company Ltd., 1893-1895, through Williams & James, solicitors, of London
- Other papers, through Taylor Garrett, solicitors, of London
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were transferred to the library by the British Records Association on 14th August 1981, 9th March 1982, 25th May 1984 and 16th June 1986.
- Papers of the British Records Association (Australia)
- Paul Davidson
- Language of description