Church Notes by J.E. Morris
Thirty-six volumes of church notes by J.E. Morris, consisting of:
- Notes on the architecture and contents of English churches, 1907-1946
- Index to the above
- Three volumes of notes on French churches, 1907-1921
- Three volumes of notes on other European churches, 1907-1939
1.80 linear metres (36 shelfmarks)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Eccles. d. 24, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Eccles. d. 24-59
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 8272
Church Notes by J.E. Morris.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Ernest Morris was an antiquary.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 53947-53982.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The notes were given to the Library in 1954.
- Church Notes by J.E. Morris
- Collection Level Description by Emily Tarrant; EAD version 2019 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description