William Yeates Hurlstone: Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor
Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone. Score (in four unbound fascicles) and bassoon part. Partly autograph.
- (pp. 1-32) 1st movement (Allegro moderato) and bars 1-21 of 2nd movement (Andante). Autograph fair copy score, apparently left incomplete (pp. 17-32 blank)
- (pp. 33-46) 2nd movement (Andante). Copyist's score (pp. 45-46 blank)
- (pp. 47-66) 3rd movement (Scherzo). Copyist's score (pp. 63-66 blank)
- (pp. 67-90) 4th movement (Andante maestoso). Copyist's score (pp. 85-90 blank)
- (pp. 91-100) Bassoon part. Autograph
First published, 1983, without the Scherzo, which subsequently came to light; Scherzo published separately, 2004; first complete edition, 2006.
- Creation: [1896-1897]
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. c. 572].
MS. Mus. c. 572
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15933
Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone, partly in autograph, [1896-1897].
Biographical / Historical
William Yeates Hurlstone (1876-1906) was a composer and pianist. See Grove Music Online for further details.
Stamped 'Leathes Collection, Faculty of Music, Oxford Univ.'
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Faculty of Music Library, 1995.
- Richard J. Moore, The Trio in G Minor for Clarinet, Bassoon and Piano by William Yeates Hurlstone: a Critical Reassessment, 6th revision 23 Nov 2006 [available on the MusicWeb-International website].
- Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone
- EAD version 2019 by Hannah Jordan and Margaret Czepiel
- Language of description
- Script of description