William Yeates Hurlstone: Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor
MS. Mus. c. 572
Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone. Score (in four unbound fascicles) and bassoon part. Partly autograph.
- (pp. 1-32) 1st movement (Allegro moderato) and bars 1-21 of 2nd movement (Andante). Autograph fair copy score, apparently left incomplete (pp. 17-32 blank)
- (pp. 33-46) 2nd movement (Andante). Copyist's score (pp. 45-46 blank)
- (pp. 47-66) 3rd movement (Scherzo). Copyist's score (pp. 63-66 blank)
- (pp. 67-90) 4th movement (Andante maestoso). Copyist's score (pp. 85-90 blank)
- (pp. 91-100) Bassoon part. Autograph
First published, 1983, without the Scherzo, which subsequently came to light; Scherzo published separately, 2004; first complete edition, 2006.
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. c. 572].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Mus. c. 572
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15933
Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone, partly in autograph, [1896-1897].
Biographical / Historical
William Yeates Hurlstone (1876-1906) was a composer and pianist. See Grove Music Online for further details.
Stamped 'Leathes Collection, Faculty of Music, Oxford Univ.'
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Faculty of Music Library, 1995.
- Richard J. Moore, The Trio in G Minor for Clarinet, Bassoon and Piano by William Yeates Hurlstone: a Critical Reassessment, 6th revision 23 Nov 2006 [available on the MusicWeb-International website].
- Trio for clarinet, bassoon and piano in G minor by William Yeates Hurlstone
- EAD version 2019 by Hannah Jordan and Margaret Czepiel
- Language of description
- Script of description