Orchestral and choral works by George Frederic Sharpe
Fair copies of an overture and an ode in the composer's hand. Sharpe's main autographs are in the British Library (Add. MSS. 60517-60520), along with a typewritten autobiography (Add. MS. 60521).
- Date not recorded at time of cataloguing
0.22 Linear metres (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. c. 426, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Mus. c. 426-428
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13862
Orchestral and choral works by George Frederic Sharpe, n.d.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Miss Rita Sharpe, the composer's daughter, c 1982.
- 19th century
- Cantatas, Secular
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra -- Scores
- Choruses, Secular (Mixed voices) with orchestra -- Vocal scores
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts
- Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771 -- Musical settings
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century
- Sharpe | George Frederick | 1863-1946 | musician and composer
- Orchestral and choral works by George Frederic Sharpe
- EAD version 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note