'Scraps', among which are:
- Fol. 1. A fragment from a binding, owned by Walwenus Christopherus in the 16th cent.
- Fol. 3. A large sheet bearing Latin and English forms of bonds or bills of obligation, with lists and notes to assist in writing them in Latin, 1629
- Fol. 4. See after no. 27818, p. 362 above
- Fols. 27, 29. Scraps given by G. F. Haines of 95 Southmoor Road, Oxford, on May 23, 1894
Additions, (fols. 33-85) Guard-book of letters and papers, 16th-20th cent., including:
- Fol. 46. a fragment of John Wycliffe's version of Isaiah 30-3, 15th cent.
- Fols. 59-70. letters to John Russell, 4th Duke of Bedford, 1736-7
- Creation: Written in the 16th-18th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. misc. c. 27, fols. 1-2].
MS. Eng. misc. c. 27
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 20384
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 30494
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Referenced in 1896.
Additions: Acquired, 1915-52.
13 1/4 × 9 1/2 in.
- EAD version 2020 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description