Christ Church Buttery, Kitchen and Gate Papers
Chirst Church Buttery, Kitchen and Gate papers, including:
- Buttery books, 1889-1905
- Kitchen books, 1888-1896
- Gate bill and parcel accounts, 1890-1902
- The Parcels account, 1892-1907
- The Porter's book, 1893-1907
- Lists of tradesmen or tradesmen's messengers allowed to pass the gates, 1891-1903
- Lists showing who dined at the High Table, the menu, and the price of each dish, 1887-93
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MSS. Top. Oxon. a. 10/1].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Top. Oxon. a. 10/1-29, a. 11/1-14, a. 12/1-4, a. 14, b. 44-5, b. 72/1-3, c. 133/1-10, c. 134/1-2, c. 135/1-16, c. 136/1-15, c. 137/1-2, c. 138/1, c. 139/1-3, c. 140/1-2, c. 141/1, c. 155-6, d. 62/1-3, d. 84/1-4, d. 84/6-30, d. 85/1-30, e. 89/1-8, e. 117/1-9
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 12872
Biographical / Historical
Christ Church, Oxford, established 1546.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, nos. 33217-314, 34492-579.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The papers were presented to the Library by the Steward of Christ Church in 1903 and 1909.
- Christ Church Buttery, Kitchen and Gate Papers
- Emily Tarrant
- Language of description