Miscellaneous Norfolk papers
Miscellaneous Norfolk papers, partly Norwich city records, among which are:
- Fol. 2. A pollbook of Norwich city, 1768
- Fol. 25. A contemporary copy of a speech in the House of Commons on occasion of a petition to the House against the grant to the earl of Portland of the Lordships of Denbigh, Bromfield, and Yale, 1696 or 1697
- Fol. 33. A chronicle of King's Lynn, 1477-1542, written in 1538-42, chiefly narrating public events in England
- Fol. 41. Papers about a conventicle at Twyford, 1670
- Fols. 46, 93. 'Informations concerning Richard White and John Hyde', sheriff's officers at Norwich (?), 1671
- Fol. 54. The resignation by Richard Wells of the rectory of Martlesham in Suffolk, March 6, 1638/9
- Fol. 59. A letter from John Selot to his patroness Elizabeth Clere about the advowson of Filby, quoting a fine of 1388-9, and written about 1456
- Fol. 60. Drafts of two petitions from the inhabitants of Oxnead, 16th cent.
- Fol. 63. Part of an original Sessions register of Norwich, 1634-42
- Fol. 101. The original Wills of Robert Hobart, July 4, 1650, with other Hobart papers, 1606-50
- Creation: Written in the 15th-18th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Top. Norfolk c. 2, fols. 1-2]
MS. Top. Norfolk c. 2
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 20511
Miscellaneous Norfolk papers, partly Norwich city records
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 30745
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired by The Bodleian Library in 1890.
13 1/4 × 10 1/8 in.
- Miscellaneous Norfolk papers, partly Norwich city records
- EAD version 2020 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description