Musical collections of Harry Ellis Wooldridge
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum; materials collected for his edition of W. Chappell's Old English Popular Music, 1893, and the Oxford History of Music; with some original compositions.
- 1870-1906, n.d.
3.74 Linear metres (34 boxes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. b.17, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Mus. b. 17, c. 63-65, d. 182-205, e. 26-31
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 13538
A collection of music, including transcripts mainly of 17th and 18th-century Italian music, nearly all from sources in the British Museum.
Biographical / Historical
Harry Ellis Wooldridge (1845-1917) was a music scholar and artist. See the Grove Music Online for further details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by G. E. P. Arkwright, 1917.
- 17th century
- 18th century
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Cantatas, Sacred
- Hymn tunes
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 17th century
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 18th century
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century
- Songs, English
- Songs, Italian
- Wooldridge | Harry Ellis | 1845-1917 | Professor of Fine Art and Historian of Music
- Harry Ellis Wooldridge: musical collections
- EAD version 2019 by Hannah Jordan and Margaret Czepiel
- Language of description
- Script of description