Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright about 16th and 17th-century music, with music of this period.
- 1892-1940, n.d.
14 boxes (1.54 linear metres)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. c.75, fols. 1-2].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Mus. c.75-88
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 7580
Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music, 1892-1940, n.d.
Biographical / Historical
Godfrey Edward Pellew Arkwright (1864-1944) was a music scholar. See Grove Music Online for further details.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- 16th century
- 17th century
- 18th century
- 19th century
- 20th century
- Arkwright | Godfrey Edward Pellew | 1864-1944 | bibliographer of 16th-18th century music
- Communion service music
- Evening service music
- Incidental music
- Morning service music
- Music -- 16th century -- History and criticism
- Music -- 17th century -- History and criticism
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 19th century
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century
- Papers of G. E. P. Arkwright, mainly transcriptions of 16th and 17th-century music
- EAD version 2019 by Hannah Jordan and Margaret Czepiel
- Language of description
- Script of description