Autograph music by George Sainton Kaye Butterworth
Autograph music, all of which has now been published.
1.10 Linear metres (10 volumes)
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark, e.g. MS. Mus. c. 297].
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Full range of shelfmarks:
MSS. Mus. c. 297-306
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 10212
Autograph music by George Sainton Kaye Butterworth, 1909-1914.
Biographical / Historical
George Sainton Kaye Butterworth (1885-1916) was a composer. See the Grove Music Online for further details.
MSS. Mus. c.301-306 were kept at the Faculty of Music 1946-1964.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Given by Lady Croft and Dr A. J. Croft, 1946 (MSS. Mus. c.301-306) and by Mrs Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1964 (MSS. Mus. c.297-300). MSS. Mus. c.301-306 were kept at the Faculty of Music 1946-1964 and were then transferred to the Bodleian.
- George Butterworth, Orchestral works, edited by Peter Ward Jones. (Musica Britannica, 92) London, 2012.
- 20th century
- Butterworth | George Sainton Kaye | 1885-1916 | composer and folk song collector
- Composers -- England -- Manuscripts
- Housman, A. E. (Alfred Edward), 1859-1936 -- Musical settings
- Music -- Manuscripts -- 20th century
- Orchestral music
- Rhapsodies (Music)
- Song cycles
- Songs with piano
- Suites (String quartet)
- Autograph music by George Sainton Kaye Butterworth
- EAD version 2019 by Hannah Jordan and Margaret Czepiel
- Language of description
- Script of description