MS. Add. D. 75
- Fol. 1. A Latin translation by William Bedwell (signed and dated Oct. 26, 1611) of an Arabic receipt by Ahmed Aby for '400 sultanees of gold', taken in lieu of a slave, London, March 16, 1610/1: with a Latin dissertation on the dating of the deed, imperfect
- Fol. 2. A Latin letter from Nectarius, archbp. of Achrida (Okhrida) to sir Robert Cecil secretary of state, begging for alms from the queen's attendants, about 1605
- Fol. 3. A safe-conduct from the Czar Michael Feodorovich to Arthur Johnson and his two nephews to return from Moscow to England, Moscow, Dec. 19, 1626 ('7135'), in Russian, with the Czar's seal
- Fol. 5v. A letter of thanks from Maria Antonius de Verona to the university of Cambridge for help, Dec. 17, 1619 (?), in Hebrew and Latin
- Fol. 7v. A safe-conduct from Leopold i emperor of Germany to Edward Browne to return to England, Vienna, Oct. 26, 1669, in Latin, with seal
- Written in the 17th century
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. D. 75, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. D. 75
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 20319
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 30305
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These separate papers, which had no doubt been in the Library a considerable time, were bound and referenced not later than 1880.
17 1/8 × 11 1/2 in.
- Miscellaneous papers
- EAD version 2020 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description