Full notes of Oxford lectures taken or copied by William Henry Sandon
MS. Add. C. 288
Full notes of Oxford lectures delivered in 1866-67, taken or copied by William Henry Sandon of Wadham college, Oxford:
- (p. 1). English history to the Conquest, partly by prof. Goldwin Smith, chiefly by Robert Laing, Hilary T., 1866.
- (p. 89). The Middle Ages in Europe, by Robert Laing.
- (p. 161). The life and times of St. Anselm, by prof. W. W. Shirley, Hilary T., 1866.
- (p. 235). The Apostolic age, by the same, Easter T., 1866.
- (p. 333). English history from the Conquest to the Reformation, partly by Goldwin Smith, chiefly by Robert Laing, Mich. T., 1867: the last two centuries are treated very summarily.
- written in A.D. 1866-1867 at Oxford by W. H. Sandon
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 288, pp. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. C. 288
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 20018
Full notes of Oxford lectures taken or copied by William Henry Sandon, written in A.D. 1866-1867 at Oxford by W. H. Sandon.
Biographical / Historical
William Henry Sandon (fl. 1866-1875) of Wadham college, Oxford.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 29641.
William Henry Sandon's bookplate is in the volume.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from W. Withers, bookseller (catal. 19, art. 205), on Sept. 15, 1886, for 3s. 6d.
10 1/4 × 8 3/8 in.
- 19th century
- Lectures and lecturing
- Sandon | William Henry | fl 1866-1875 | of Wadham College, Oxford
- Shields | Cuthbert James | 1840-1908 | historian | formerly Robert Laing
- Shirley | Walter Waddington | 1828-1866 | ecclesiastical historian
- Smith | Goldwin | 1823-1910 | journalist and historian
- Universities and colleges
- Full notes of Oxford lectures taken or copied by William Henry Sandon
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description