Oxford science lectures
Oxford science lectures of the early 18th century, no doubt delivered in the Ashmolean Museum:
- (p. 1). On 'Mechanicks,' with diagrams: beg. 'The application of Geometry.'
- (p. 61). On 'Hydrostatick': beg. 'The signification and reason.'
- (p. 121). On 'Pneumaticks': beg. 'Having exhibited most.'
(pp. 161-end) are blank.
- Creation: written in the first quarter of the 18th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 272, pp. 1-2]
MS. Add. C. 272
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 19978
Oxford science lectures of the early 18th century, no doubt delivered in the Ashmolean Museum.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 29566.
This manuscript used to be part of the rectorial library, Licoln College, Oxford.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Presented to the Library by Lincoln college, Oxford, in 1885.
8 1/8 × 6 1/4 in.
- Oxford science lectures
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description