Archive of Robert White
MS. Add. D. 90
Archive of Robert White:
- (fol. 3). 'An Account of Lord Holland's ingenious Designs in Archetecture: And a specimen of His Lordships rare Abilities as an Author and Poet', an anonymous satire by Robert White, dated Kingsgate, June, 1767.
- (fol. 9). A few 'Little Anecdotes' and 'Rumours', political and social, forming news letters of 1770.
- (fol. 15). A letter from White to bp. Percy, June 4, 1767.
- written in A.D. 1767-1770 by R. White
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. D. 90, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. D. 90
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 19881
Archive of Robert White, written in A.D. 1767-1770 by R. White.
Biographical / Historical
Robert White (fl. 1767-1770).
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 29440.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought at the Percy sale, April 29, 1884 (lot 222).
15 1/8 × 10 1/4 in.
- Catalogue of the archive of Robert White
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description