Logs kept by William Rattray
Logs kept by William Rattray:
- (fol. 1v) on board H.M.S. Melville, Apr. 15, 1829-July 28, 1831, chiefly in the Mediterranean.
- (fol. 94v) on board H.M.S. Raleigh, July 29, 1831-May 31, 1834, also in the Mediterranean.
- Creation: written in A.D. 1829-1834 by W. Rattray
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 216, fols. 1-2]
MS. Add. C. 216
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 19868
Logs kept by William Rattray, written in A.D. 1829-1834.
Biographical / Historical
William Rattray (d. 1844) was a Lieutenant in the Navy.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 29426.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from John Taylor, of Northampton, on Jan. 10, 1884.
13 1/4 × 8 3/8 in.
- Logs kept by William Rattray
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description