MS. Add. A. 274
Held at the Weston Library
- (fol. 1). 'A sermon preached by the Revd Mr John Norris', 'for Mr Tomas Steeles grandfather', a funeral sermon on Job v. 26: about A.D. 1750.
- (fol. 10). A sermon for a Men's Friendly Society, on Phil. i. 27, preached at Rushall on May 25, 1801, at Bloxwich on June 20, 1803, and July 11, 1814, and at Pelsall on June 5, 1805: all these places are near Walsall. 'Moulton' is written in pencil on the title.
- (fol. 31). 'A Thanksgiving sermon preached by the Rev. Mr [Owen?] Marden in Spratton church Jan. 13. 1814', on 1 Chron. xxix. 11-13.
- made up of three MSS. written in the 18th and 19th centuries
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. A. 274, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. A. 274
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 19050
Three sermons, written in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 29391.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from John Taylor, of Northampton, on Jan. 10, 1884, for £10.
8 1/8 × 7 1/2 in.
- Three sermons
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description