Two letters and unpublished draft manuscript by Ernst Mayr
- Two letters to R.E. Moreau discussing the 'Checklist of Birds of the World', in particular the sequence of families which will be followed in the volumes, 28 Nov 1955, 3 Dec 1955
- Unpublished draft manuscript entitled 'The Sequence of Genera in the Estrildidae (Aves)', typescript, two copies, one with handwritten corrections, n.d. [1960s?]
- Creation: 1955, n.d. [1960s?]
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries, MS. 15341
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15341
Two letters and unpublished draft manuscript by Ernst Mayr.
Biographical / Historical
Ernst Walter Mayr (1904-2005), ornithologist and evolutionary biologist.
For a fuller biography see the American National Biography.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Alexander Library of Ornithology, 2018.
- Two letters and unpublished draft manuscript by Ernst Mayr
- Finding aid prepared by EAD version by Jen Patterson and Marion Lowman
- Language of description
- Script of description