Letters mainly of John Payne Collier, James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps and John P. Prendergast
- Fol. 5. John Payne Collier, 1863-72
- Fol. 100. James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps, 1866-87
- Fol. 188. John P. Prendergast, 1886-87, with a few others
All to mr. H. S. Harper of the Bodleian, chiefly with reference to copying work done for them in that Library.
- Creation: Written in 1856-1887
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Eng. misc. d. 15, fols. 1-2]
MS. Eng. misc. d. 15
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18931
Biographical / Historical
John Payne Collier (1789-1883) was a Shakespearean scholar and forger, antiquary and journalist. James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps (1820-1889) was an antiquary and literary scholar. John Patrick Prendergast (1808-1893) was a land agent and Irish historian.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, no. 31034
Immediate Source of Acquisition
'Given by the late mr. H. S. Harper's son [Guy]. Delivered to the Librarian, 19 Oct. 1891.'
9 1/2 × 6 1/4 in.
- Letters mainly of John Payne Collier, James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps and John P. Prendergast
- EAD version 2020 by Alice Whichelow
- Language of description
- Script of description