Papers of Guy Reginald Mountfort
- (Folder 1) 'Bibliography of the Hawfinch Monograph', typescript, 1957
- (Folder 2) 'Hawfinch Monograph. Details of Ringing Recoveries (up to 1956)', typescript, 1957
- (Folder 3) expedition diary, Jordan, handwritten loose-leaf, Apr-May 1963
- (Folder 4) expedition diary, Pakistan, handwritten loose-leaf, diary on which The Vanishing Jungle was based, 1966
- (Folder 5) expedition diary, Pakistan, handwritten loose-leaf, 1967
- (Folder 6) expedition diary, Hungary, handwritten loose-leaf, n.d. [1960s]
- 1957-1967, n.d. [1960s]
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries, MS. 15039.
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 15039
Papers of Guy Reginald Mountfort.
Biographical / Historical
Guy Reginald Mountfort (1905-2003), advertising executive, ornithologist and conservationist, latterly Managing Director of the advertising firm Ogilvy & Mather Ltd, London. For more information see Who Was Who.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Alexander Library of Ornithology, 2018.
- Papers of Guy Reginald Mountfort
- EAD version 2019 by Sarah Thiel and Marion Lowman
- Language of description