Autographs, including a note by F. Douce on the miracle of Bolsena
- (fol. 1). A letter from J. C. Beltrami, Dec. (?) 10, 1828;
- (fol. 3). A note by F. Douce on the miracle of Bolsena;
- (fol. 5). A letter from J(ames) Kenney, Feb. 10, 1821.
- Creation: written in 1821-1828
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Douce d. 7, fols. 1-2]
MS. Douce d. 7
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18688
Autographs, including a note by F. Douce on the miracle of Bolsena, written in 1821-1828.
Biographical / Historical
Giacomo Costantino Beltrami (1779-1855) was an explorer.
Francis Douce (1757–1834) was an antiquary and collector.
James Kenney (1780–1849) was a playwright.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28920.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This appears to be the 'Autographs' 'MS. belonging to Douce', which was bought on July 3, 1866, from M. Samuel for 4s. 6d.
9 1/4 × 7 5/8 in.
- Autographs, including a note by F. Douce on the miracle of Bolsena
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description