Three manuscripts relating to the papacy
MS. Add. C. 57
Three manuscripts relating to the papacy:
- (fol. 1). An account of the Conclave in which Giambattista Pamfilio was elected pope as Innocent x, A.D. 1644, in Italian.
- (fol. 137). An account of the Conclave in which card. Fabio Chigi was elected pope as Alexander vii, A.D. 1655, in Italian.
- (fol. 209). 'Geneologia della Casa Chigi e delli parenti più congionti à sua Santità.'
- written in the second half of the 17th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 57, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. C. 57
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18665
Three manuscripts relating to the papacy, written in the second half of the 17th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28826.
On the cover is an armorial bookplate (quarterly, 1st and 4th argent a fleur de lys gules: 2nd and 3rd gules an armless negro crowned robed vert, the whole ensigned by a crown etc. and surrounded with a chain and pendant).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from mr. Edw. Peacock in 1862 for £1.
on paper, with some margins damaged, at the end
10 3/4 × 7 7/8 in.
- Three manuscripts relating to the papacy
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description