Three manuscripts relating to the papacy
Three manuscripts relating to the papacy:
- (fol. 1). An account of the Conclave in which Giambattista Pamfilio was elected pope as Innocent x, A.D. 1644, in Italian.
- (fol. 137). An account of the Conclave in which card. Fabio Chigi was elected pope as Alexander vii, A.D. 1655, in Italian.
- (fol. 209). 'Geneologia della Casa Chigi e delli parenti più congionti à sua Santità.'
- Creation: written in the second half of the 17th century
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 57, fols. 1-2]
MS. Add. C. 57
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18665
Three manuscripts relating to the papacy, written in the second half of the 17th century.
Biographical / Historical
Biographical details unknown.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28826.
On the cover is an armorial bookplate (quarterly, 1st and 4th argent a fleur de lys gules: 2nd and 3rd gules an armless negro crowned robed vert, the whole ensigned by a crown etc. and surrounded with a chain and pendant).
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bought from mr. Edw. Peacock in 1862 for £1.
on paper, with some margins damaged, at the end
10 3/4 × 7 7/8 in.
- Three manuscripts relating to the papacy
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description