Memorials of Martin Luther
MS. Add. C. 100
Memorials of Martin Luther, consisting of:
- (fols. 4-10) seven engravings of him ;
- (fols. 11-14) four autograph quarto leaves of copy for the press written by Luther beg. 'sie bey weyben schlaffen konnen': sign. d of the printed work must begin '[na]türlich eyn szonder gantz vngemeyn gottes gabe ist', the fragment containing from sign. c5 to sign. d4);
- (fol. 16) a facsimile of eight leaves of his writing;
- (fol. 21) a facsimile of a note on Ps. cxix. 92, signed by him in 1542, made 'zur Erinnerungsfeier am 18ten Februar 1846', from a Berlin MS.
(fol. 23-end) are blank.
- partly written in the first half of the 16th century by M. Luther
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 100, fols. 1-2]
Please see our help page for further guidance on citing archives and manuscripts.
MS. Add. C. 100
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18638
Memorials of Martin Luther, partly written in the first half of the 16th century by M. Luther.
Biographical / Historical
Martin Luther (1483-1546) was a theologist and reformer.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28660.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This appears to be the 'M. Lutheri epistolæ quædam autographæ, 4to', for which £20 were given in 1856.
13 1/2 × 10 3/8 in.
- Memorials of Martin Luther
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description