Memorials of Martin Luther
Memorials of Martin Luther, consisting of:
- (fols. 4-10) seven engravings of him ;
- (fols. 11-14) four autograph quarto leaves of copy for the press written by Luther beg. 'sie bey weyben schlaffen konnen': sign. d of the printed work must begin '[na]türlich eyn szonder gantz vngemeyn gottes gabe ist', the fragment containing from sign. c5 to sign. d4);
- (fol. 16) a facsimile of eight leaves of his writing;
- (fol. 21) a facsimile of a note on Ps. cxix. 92, signed by him in 1542, made 'zur Erinnerungsfeier am 18ten Februar 1846', from a Berlin MS.
(fol. 23-end) are blank.
- Creation: partly written in the first half of the 16th century by M. Luther
Language of Materials
Oxford, Bodleian Libraries [followed by shelfmark and folio or page reference, e.g. MS. Add. C. 100, fols. 1-2]
MS. Add. C. 100
Collection ID (for staff)
CMD ID 18638
Memorials of Martin Luther, partly written in the first half of the 16th century by M. Luther.
Biographical / Historical
Martin Luther (1483-1546) was a theologist and reformer.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, no. 28660.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This appears to be the 'M. Lutheri epistolæ quædam autographæ, 4to', for which £20 were given in 1856.
13 1/2 × 10 3/8 in.
- Memorials of Martin Luther
- EAD version 2020 by Pauline Soum-Paris
- Language of description
- Script of description